If you’re ready to find a transformation for your smile, you’ve probably been considering your options. While you won’t know what’s best for your unique teeth until you meet with a cosmetic dentist for a consultation, doing some research ahead of time is a great plan. You’ll be better-informed and able to have a detailed conversation with your dentist, and know what to expect from treatment.
Seeking a natural-looking change for your grin? If you’re hoping to overhaul your smile but still look just like yourself, porcelain veneers are an excellent option. These thin veneers fit over your natural teeth, changing their size, shape, shade, or alignment, without adding bulk or standing out as dental work. Keep reading for their unique advantages, and get in touch if you’re ready to learn more from our staff.
Why Patients (and Dentists) Love Porcelain Veneers
- Natural appearance – Enamel is a unique material, and it reflects light in a particular way. In order to mimic the effect, your restoration needs to be especially thin. Porcelain veneers accomplish this, allowing some light to pass through their surfaces while reflecting the rest. This makes your veneers look just like natural teeth.
- Slim profile – Because veneers are so thin, they won’t add bulk to your smile. We’ll prep your teeth beforehand to make some space, but there won’t be the kind of extensive tooth reduction associated with crowns. You’ll get to keep your teeth while still achieving your perfect smile.
- Seamless integration – Veneers don’t stand out as something noticeably artificial. They truly blend with your surrounding teeth, and become a part of your smile. They will also resist staining, so their appearance will stay the same even as the years pass.
- Personalization – Veneers can be made to tackle any aesthetic problem – from crookedness, to stains, to small teeth, to gaps, to any type of asymmetry. Your veneers will fulfill your personal needs.
- Reduced sensitivity – If you have worn enamel that makes your teeth appear yellow or small, veneers will help build them back out. At the same time, they’ll reduce any sensitivity that might stem from the eroded teeth, and help you enjoy hot and cold foods and drinks comfortably.